Re: Database fixed size

От Adir Shaban
Тема Re: Database fixed size
Дата
Список pgsql-general

So how did heroku limit the database size per user?
I thought about creating triggers on insert and updates but that will lead to bad performance

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016, 15:31 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> writes:
> Adir Shaban wrote:
>> Is there anyway to limit a database size?
>> For example, I need to create a database for user X and I don't want it to use more than 5 GB.

> You can create a tablespace on a device with limited size.
> Then you can create the database on that tablespace.

Note the reference to tablespace.  It's unwise to just put the whole
cluster on a tiny device (or equivalently, attempt to solve this with
OS-level disk quotas applied to the whole installation).  The reason is
that PG gets very unhappy if it runs out of WAL space.  Hitting a limit
on table size per se behaves a bit more sanely, though even there you
can get into trouble --- for instance, in some situations VACUUM will
try to allocate additional disk space, making recovery harder.

Сообщение: Re: how to monitor the progress of really large bulk operations?
Сообщение: Re: how to monitor the progress of really large bulk operations?