Re: BUG #16080: pg_ctl is failed if a fake cmd.exe exist in thecurrent directory.

От Juan José Santamaría Flecha
Тема Re: BUG #16080: pg_ctl is failed if a fake cmd.exe exist in thecurrent directory.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 4:42 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo.santamaria@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 7:44 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Hm.  I don't have any objection to using COMSPEC if it's set, but
>> of course that changes nothing from a security perspective.  It's
>> just a different route by which pg_ctl, pg_upgrade, etc can be
>> misled.

> Please find attached a patch with this simple modification.

I poked around a bit for other references to cmd.exe.  It looks
like psql's do_shell() is handling this correctly already, but should
we not also fix spawn_process() in src/test/regress/pg_regress.c ?

Agreed, so please find attached an updated patch.

There are also a couple of references in pg_upgrade's test.sh,
but I don't feel a need to change those.

Agreed, this will honor PATH since is called from a shell,

Another point that could be raised here: seeing that psql honors the
SHELL variable to substitute for /bin/sh, should these other programs
do likewise?  I'm inclined to think not, because what psql is doing is
launching an interactive shell, so the user's shell preference should be
honored.  In these other cases we want plain old Bourne shell thank you,
so ignoring SHELL seems correct.  But it's worth thinking about, and
perhaps adding a comment about.

Also agree on this: honoring SHELL makes sense only if there is client interaction.

Regards,

Juan José Santamaría Flecha
Вложения