Re: MSVC Build support with visual studio 2019

От Juan José Santamaría Flecha
Тема Re: MSVC Build support with visual studio 2019
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 11:42 AM Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
> wrote:
>
> Visual Studio 2019 is officially released. There is no major change in the
> patch, except some small comments update.
>
> Also attached patches for the back branches also.

I have gone through path '0001-Support-building-with-visual-studio-2019.patch' only, but I am sure some comments will also apply to back branches.

1. The VisualStudioVersion value looks odd:

+ $self->{VisualStudioVersion}        = '16.0.32.32432';

Are you using a pre-release version [1]?

2. There is a typo: s/stuido/studio/:

+ # The major visual stuido that is suppored has nmake version >= 14.20 and < 15.

There is something in the current code that I think should be also updated. The code for _GetVisualStudioVersion contains:

  if ($major > 14)
  {
  carp
   "The determined version of Visual Studio is newer than the latest supported version. Returning the latest supported version instead.";
  return '14.00';
  }

Shouldn't the returned value be '14.20' for Visual Studio 2019?

Regards,

Juan José Santamaría Flecha

Сообщение: Re: PG 12 draft release notes
Сообщение: Re: PG 12 draft release notes