Re: BUG #16080: pg_ctl is failed if a fake cmd.exe exist in thecurrent directory.

От Juan José Santamaría Flecha
Тема Re: BUG #16080: pg_ctl is failed if a fake cmd.exe exist in thecurrent directory.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 5:20 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

Right, but does cmd.exe have a well-defined location in Windows?
I don't think we can know which drive it's on, for starters.

The environment variable COMSPEC [1] should point to the right location.

Ultimately this seems like a problem of insecure search path,
which is not our responsibility to fix (and people would not
appreciate us trying, in many cases).

Totally agree, if this not is an improvement there is nothing to fix.

Regards,

Juan José Santamaría Flecha

Сообщение: Re: BUG #16080: pg_ctl is failed if a fake cmd.exe exist in the current directory.
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16080: pg_ctl is failed if a fake cmd.exe exist in the current directory.