Re: TAP tests and symlinks on Windows

От Juan José Santamaría Flecha
Тема Re: TAP tests and symlinks on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 7:18 PM Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

On 7/8/20 12:22 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2020-Jul-08, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> On 7/8/20 11:07 AM, Juan José Santamaría Flecha wrote:
>>> There is a utility cygpath [1] meant for the conversion between Unix
>>> and Windows path formats, that might be a meaningful name also.
>>>
>>> [1] http://cygwin.net/cygwin-ug-net/cygpath.html
>> Oh, good find. But unfortunately it's not present in my msys1 installations.
>>
>> So we'll still need to use the 'pwd -W` trick for those.
> I think his point is not to use that utility, just to use its name as
> the name of the perl routine.

That would be wholly misleading, since it's not needed at all when we're
running running under cygwin.

MSYS does not include cygpath(), but MSYS2 does. I see why the name could be confusing outside cygwin, but that is a given and it would point to a utility that it mimics. Maybe a note for future reference could be enough.

msys_to_windows_path() seems too long, but is hard to misunderstand.

Regards,

Juan José Santamaría Flecha