Re: Postgres Windows build system doesn't work with python installed in Program Files

От Juan José Santamaría Flecha
Тема Re: Postgres Windows build system doesn't work with python installed in Program Files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 2:06 AM David Zhang <david.zhang@highgo.ca> wrote:

On 2020-05-06 10:45 p.m., Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, May 06, 2020 at 12:17:03AM +0200, Juan José Santamaría Flecha wrote:
>> Please forgive me if I am being too nitpicky, but I find the comments a
>> little too verbose, a usage format might be more visual and easier to
>> explain:
>>
>> Usage: build [[CONFIGURATION] COMPONENT]
>>
>> The options are  case-insensitive.
>> CONFIGURATION sets the configuration to build, "debug" or "release" (by
>> default).
>> COMPONENT defines a component to build. An empty option means all
>> components.
> Your comment makes sense to me.  What about the attached then?  On top
> of documenting the script usage in the code, let's trigger it if it
> gets called with more than 3 arguments.  What do you think?
>
> FWIW, I forgot to mention that I don't think those warnings are worth
> a backpatch.  No objections with improving things on HEAD of course.

It would be a bonus if the build.pl can support the "help" in Windows' way.

Going through the open items in the commitfest, I see that this patch has not been pushed. It still applies and solves the warning so, I am marking it as RFC.

Adding a help option is a new feature, that can have its own patch without delaying this one any further.

Regards,

Juan José Santamaría Flecha