Re: JSON output from psql

От Gurjeet Singh
Тема Re: JSON output from psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 2:01 PM Chapman Flack <chap@anastigmatix.net> wrote:

> Seems like a lot of work just to get json-shaped query results from psql,

+1. If we look at the amount of work needed for the hybrid approach
you describe, compared to running CSV result through something like
csv2json, there's a 100% chance of the idea being shot down :-)

> but maybe the ability to receive jsonbc on the wire would be of interest
> to drivers generally.

I'm not sure of that, but then I don't have visibility into the needs
of consumers of our drivers.

Best regards,
--
Gurjeet Singh http://gurjeet.singh.im/