Re: Unreproducible bug in snapshot import code

От Gurjeet Singh
Тема Re: Unreproducible bug in snapshot import code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

Excerpts from Gurjeet Singh's message of lun oct 24 13:55:44 -0300 2011:

>     Starting from line 89 of terminal1.txt we see this snippet:
>
> postgres=# rollback;
> ROLLBACK
> postgres=# begin TRANSACTION ;
> BEGIN
> postgres=# set transaction snapshot '000002C8-1';
> ERROR:  SET TRANSACTION SNAPSHOT must be called before any query
> postgres=# rollback;
> ROLLBACK
>

>     As you can see the SET TRANSACTION SNAPSHOT was the first statement in
> that transaction, and yet the ERROR message says that it is not.

Maybe the tab-completion feature issued a query before the set
transaction command.

I have tried reproducing the bug starting from 1 and 2 transactions before the one shown in snippet, and I used tab-completion to get the same screen-output as termonal1.txt and yet it's not reproducible.

Regards,
--
Gurjeet Singh
EnterpriseDB Corporation

Сообщение: Re: So, is COUNT(*) fast now?
Сообщение: Re: So, is COUNT(*) fast now?