Re: Nice Quote from Celko

От Gurjeet Singh
Тема Re: Nice Quote from Celko
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Robert Bernier <robert@pg-live.info> wrote:
On Saturday, September 22, 2012 01:54:08 pm Gavin Flower wrote:
> On 23/09/12 03:31, Richard Broersma wrote:
> >
> > "Developers are more likely to port SQL Server to Postgres because it
> > is open source, supports more ANSI features, runs on more platforms,
> > uses a different ACID model and has a great optimizer. "
> >
> > http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Stairway+Series/89991/
> >
> It wanted me to login to read it.

Read it using elinks, that's what I did.

Well, I used wget on that link and was able to get the whole article, and read it in my Firefox. I think sharing that HTML file here would be in violation of their Terms of Use [1] , so can't share here.

Before the "Bottom Line" section, I got the feeling that Joe used reverse psychology to show that Postgres is a better option in quite a few circumstances.

I also posted a couple of corrections in discussion section (had to register, though :), apart from what Richard had posted.

[1] http://www.sqlservercentral.com/About/Terms