Re: Change GUC hashtable to use simplehash?

От Gurjeet Singh
Тема Re: Change GUC hashtable to use simplehash?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 17, 2023 at 11:02 AM Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:

> I had briefly experimented changing the hash table in guc.c to use
> simplehash. It didn't offer any measurable speedup, but the API is
> slightly nicer.
>
> I thought I'd post the patch in case others thought this was a good
> direction or nice cleanup.

This is not a comment on the patch itself, but since GUC operations
are not typically considered performance or space sensitive, this
comment from simplehash.h makes a case against it.

 *      It's probably not worthwhile to generate such a specialized
implementation
 *      for hash tables that aren't performance or space sensitive.

But your argument of a nicer API might make a case for the patch. I

Best regards,
Gurjeet
http://Gurje.et