Re: Getting rid of pre-assignment of index names in CREATE TABLE LIKE

От Gurjeet Singh
Тема Re: Getting rid of pre-assignment of index names in CREATE TABLE LIKE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

While I was at it, it seemed like DefineIndex's parameter list had grown
well past any sane bound, so I refactored it to pass the IndexStmt
struct as-is rather than passing all the fields individually.

With or without that choice, though, this approach means a change in
DefineIndex's API, as well as the contents of struct IndexStmt.  That
means it's probably unsafe to back-patch, since it seems plausible that
there might be third-party code out there that creates indexes and would
use these interfaces.

I would like to sneak this fix into 9.2, though.  Does anyone think
it's already too late to be touching these APIs for 9.2?

I'd like us to stick to the standard practice of not changing features/API in beta releases.

Best regards,
--
Gurjeet Singh
EnterpriseDB Corporation