Re: ODBC

От Richard Broersma
Тема Re: ODBC
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 8:18 AM, Carol Walter <carol.walter@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

I am trying to get ODBC working so I can link from MS Access to a postgresql database.  The connection isn’t working.  The ODBC driver I’m trying to use is a third party product.  Their support people are telling me that the problem is on the postgres side.  They’re telling me that that the postgres database is not listening on the right port, it’s set up to listen at 5432.  What files should I look at to make sure Postgresql is listening at the right port and IP address.  What should the lines look like.

You can run nmap against the server running postgres to see what port it is using.

C:\Documents and Settings\rbroersma>nmap localhost

Starting Nmap 6.45 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2014-04-14 08:46 Pacific Daylight Time
Skipping SYN Stealth Scan against localhost (127.0.0.1) because Windows does not support scanning your own machine (localhost) this way.
Nmap scan report for localhost (127.0.0.1)
Host is up.
PORT      STATE   SERVICE
5432/tcp  unknown postgresql

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 2.13 seconds

You can get nmap from:
http://nmap.org/download.html

--
Regards,