Keeping Admin-Owner user but creating new user with effectiveAdmin-Owner access rights?

От AC Gomez
Тема Keeping Admin-Owner user but creating new user with effectiveAdmin-Owner access rights?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

We have the following scenario...

We've inherited a situation where we have a master admin user that's used across the board for all processes.

We need to undo that one process at a time. So, for each process we thought of creating two secondary users, among which we will rotate a password.

However, since a PostgreSQL Db cannot have more than one owner then these secondary users cannot act on the DB objects the same way, that is our understanding.

The question is, if a DB already has an owner that we want to keep as the owner for now, can we create an equivalent user that will effectively have the same behaviour as the owner while not being the owner?

And, will any objects created by this new user be fully accessible by the original master user?

Thanks