Re: transaction isolationa level - SERIALIZABLE

От Marcin Krawczyk
Тема Re: transaction isolationa level - SERIALIZABLE
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
That's what I thought. Thank you.

regards
mk

2013/5/13 Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>
On 05/13/2013 02:22 AM, Marcin Krawczyk wrote:
Hi list,

I have some problems with SERIALIZABLE isolation level, namely my users
are plagued with concurrency errors. As of postgres 9.1 (which I'm
running) there has been a change to SERIALIZABLE logic, unfortunately my
application has not been updated to work with the new logic. I don't
have an access to it's code and the only thing I can do is to report the
issue to the authors. But before I do it, since I don't actually
need SERIALIZABLE for my use, is it possible to have transactions always
run in default READ COMMITTED mode, regardless of application level SET
SESSION CHARACTERISTICS AS TRANSACTION command ... ? (like e.g in
postgres 8.1 where SERIALIZABLE = READ COMMITED)

I don't think so:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/config-setting.html

"Furthermore, it is possible to assign a set of parameter settings to a user or a database. Whenever a session is started, the default settings for the user and database involved are loaded. The commands ALTER ROLE and ALTER DATABASE, respectively, are used to configure these settings. Per-database settings override anything received from the postgres command-line or the configuration file, and in turn are overridden by per-user settings; both are overridden by per-session settings.

regards
mk

--
Adrian Klaver