Re: Database health check/auditing

От Ibrahim Edib Kokdemir
Тема Re: Database health check/auditing
Дата
Re: Database health check/auditing  (Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tim,
There are good continuously running apps to monitor postgres.
IMHO, the most successful one is pgcenter.

Regards
İbrahim

On 16 Feb 2018 5:22 am, "Tim Cross" <theophilusx@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has some pointers to
sites/repositories/resources for scripts to perform basic database
audits and health checks.

situation: I have just commenced a DBA and developer role for an
organisation with a number of Postgres databases (9.4 and 9.6
versions). There has been no dedicated DBA and a number of the databases
were setup by people with little to know Postgres or database
experience. I need to get an overview on what I'm dealing with and start
prioritising what to address first.

It has been some years since I've done any real work with Postgres. Most
of my technical work over the last 10 years has been with Oracle. I
prefer to use scripts over GUI tools like pgAdmin and suspect that there
is probably some good resources out there with existing scripts I can
use as a starting point.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Tim