Re: Autovacuum not functioning for large tables but it is working for few other small tables.

От Martín Marqués
Тема Re: Autovacuum not functioning for large tables but it is working for few other small tables.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

> We have facing some discrepancy in Postgresql database related to the autovacuum functionality.
>
> By default autovacuum was enable on Postgres which is used to remove the dead tuples from the database.
>
> We have observed autovaccum cleaning dead rows from table_A but same was not functioning correctly for  table_B which
havea large size(100+GB) in comparision to table_A.

> All the threshold level requirements for autovacuum was meet and there are about Million’s of  dead tuples but
autovacuumwas unable to clear them, which cause performance issue on production server.

> Is autovacuum not working against large sized tables or Is there any parameters which  need to set to make autovacuum
functioning?

Do you have autovacuum logging enabled in this server? If so, would be
good if you could share them here.

Having the output from logs of autovacuum for these tables would give
some insights on where the problem might reside.

--
Martín Marqués
It’s not that I have something to hide,

От: Allan Kamau
Сообщение: Re: protect data of postgres database
От: Michael Lewis
Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum not functioning for large tables but it is working for few other small tables.