Re: passing cursors from one PL function to another

От Martín Marqués
Тема Re: passing cursors from one PL function to another
Дата
Список pgsql-general
El día 26 de agosto de 2011 09:15, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> escribió:
> 2011/8/26 Martín Marqués <martin.marques@gmail.com>:

>>> you pretty much had it.
>>> should be
>>>
>>> after that, but inside the transaction, you can just do:
>>> fetch all from 'cur';
>>
>> That was a typo related with copy & paste. Sorry.
>>
>>> note neither of your functions need to return setof fwict.  you are
>>> returning one cursor, not a set of them.
>>
>> That's because originally I was trying to get more then one cursor.
>>
>> Anyway, I was getting an annoying error on a windows server, and now
>> that I test it on my Linux installation it works like a charm.
>>
>> Could it be that I was making changes to the functions and not
>> dropping them before recreating?
>
> not likely -- got the error text?.

The error is version related. On 8.4, it works great. But with 8.3
(which is the version being used in production) I get this:

# select * from prueba_cursor(1, 'a');
ERROR:  se llamó una función que retorna un conjunto en un contexto
que no puede aceptarlo
CONTEXTO:  PL/pgSQL function "construyecursordesdequery" line 3 at RETURN NEXT
sentencia SQL: «SELECT  construyeCursorDesdeQuery( $1  ,'SELECT * from
tab1 WHERE field < 11000')»
PL/pgSQL function "prueba_cursor" line 3 at PERFORM

Why does it work on 8.4 and not on 8.3? Any work around that doesn't
involve upgradeing the DB server?

--
Martín Marqués
DBA, Programador, Administrador