[BUGS] BUG #14263: Query planner is slow to plan UPDATE on a table with many partitions

От Joel Sanger
Тема [BUGS] BUG #14263: Query planner is slow to plan UPDATE on a table with many partitions
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi all,

Just to keep this bug current, I am also experiencing the same issue. I'm using PostgreSQL 9.6.1 on Debian 8.6.

As an example, i have a table with a *very* large number of partitions. A simple select clause has a planning time of 600ms where as the same clause as an update results in a 8300ms planning time.

Unfortunately the partitioning scheme we have is ideal for our regular workflow, so using less partitions isn't practical.

If there's any update, plans to fix (or not) that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Joel