Re: [JDBC] Query about postgresql.conf property file

От TANWEER ALAM
Тема Re: [JDBC] Query about postgresql.conf property file
Дата
Re: Query about postgresql.conf property file  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

I would really appreciate if you can respond about my below query:-

1. Currently I am upgrading postgres version from 9.3 to 9.5 and it seems we can upgrade to 9.5        without much issue. After some workaround, everything came up  which contains                           postgresql 9.5

2. The DB install and configuration went ok, but it couldn’t start properly as there is one line in      /opt/postgres/9.5/data which is not accepted somehow. It said “unrecognized                                  configuration”. After commenting out this line all services got started and UI came up.
     checkpoint_segments = 9   # in logfile segments, min 1, 16MB each

3. After some preliminary analysis and it seems this configurations is deprecated in 9.5 and              should be replaced with something else --https://github.com/gregs1104/pgtune/issues/21

4. After some more findings. it seems that the parameter checkpoint_segments is gone, and          has been replaced by min_wal_size and max_wal_size.

So if the above configuration is deprecated in 9.5 then why this property comes as enabled with 9.5 is it a bug?
Secondly if we go ahead by commenting this property then any major impact from DB perspective?

Need your suggestions if any.

Response appreciated !

Regards,
Tanweer