Re: Copy entire schema A to a different schema B

От Tiffany Thang
Тема Re: Copy entire schema A to a different schema B
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Adrian!

Tiff

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 11:53 AM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 2/11/19 8:30 AM, Tiffany Thang wrote:
> Thanks Adrian and Ron. Sorry, I was not clear. What I'm trying to
> achieve was to dump the schema quickly and be able to restore a single
> or subset of objects from the dump. As far as I understand, the only way
> of achieving that is to use the custom format and the -j option. Is that
> correct? Are there any other alternatives?

If you want to use -j then you need to use the -Fd output:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/app-pgdump.html

"-j njobs
--jobs=njobs

     Run the dump in parallel by dumping njobs tables simultaneously.
This option reduces the time of the dump but it also increases the load
on the database server. You can only use this option with the directory
output format because this is the only output format where multiple
processes can write their data at the same time."

If you need to grab just a subset of the schema then there are options
to do that depending on the object. From above link as examples:

"-n schema
--schema=schema

     Dump only schemas matching schema; this selects both the schema
itself, and all its contained objects. ..."

"-t table
--table=table

     Dump only tables with names matching table.  .."

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com