Re: [Doc] pg_restore documentation didn't explain how to useconnection string

От Lætitia Avrot
Тема Re: [Doc] pg_restore documentation didn't explain how to useconnection string
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Juan,

Le ven. 17 mai 2019 à 11:26, Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo.santamaria@gmail.com> a écrit :

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 9:16 AM Lætitia Avrot <laetitia.avrot@gmail.com> wrote:

Given that, I think it would be a good thing to generalize the -d switch (and maybe the --maintenance-db switch too).

Just a couple of quick comments:

    Some of those tools user --dbname as a long option.

You're right. I checked and each and every tool that allow the -d switch allows the --dbname. So, of course, if -d is implemented for all Postgres client, --dbname should be allowed too.

    Most of those tools also use the connection environment variables used by libpq: PGDATABASE
    Pgbench is documented [1]: pgbench [option...] [dbname]

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. My point was using a connection string is not documented. Here is PgBench documentation about dbname:

where dbname is the name of the already-created database to test in. (You may also need -h-p, and/or -U options to specify how to connect to the database server.)

Cheers,

Lætitia

Сообщение: Re: [Doc] pg_restore documentation didn't explain how to useconnection string
Сообщение: Re: [Doc] pg_restore documentation didn't explain how to useconnection string