Grant documentation about "all tables"

От Lætitia Avrot
Тема Grant documentation about "all tables"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

When you look at Postgres' SQL reference documentation for `GRANT`, the `ALL TABLES` clause is explained as :

> ALL TABLES also affects views and foreign tables, just like the specific-object GRANT command.

A colleague of mine was asking himself if it included materialized views or not (well, yes it does).

I made that tiny patch to add materialized views to the list. It builds on my laptop.

Then another question crossed my mind... What about partitioned tables ? I'm pretty sure it works for them too (because they're basically tables) but should we add them too ? I couldn't decide whether to add them too or not so I refrain from doing it and am asking you the question.

What do you think ?

Cheers,

Lætitia
--
Think! Do you really need to print this email ?
There is no Planet B.