Re: Merge a sharded master into a single read-only slave

От Kevin Goess
Тема Re: Merge a sharded master into a single read-only slave
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> So my conclusion is that for now, the best way to scale read-only queries for a sharded master is to
> implement map-reduce at the application level.

That's the conclusion I would expect. It's the price you pay for sharding, it's part of the deal.

But it's also the benefit you get from sharding.  Once your read traffic grows to the point that it's too much for a single host, you're going to have to re-shard it all again *anyway*.  The whole point of sharding is that it allows you to grow outside the capacities of a single host.