Re: Re: [SQL] JDBC Statement.setQueryTimeout : is there plan to implement this?

От Віталій Тимчишин
Тема Re: Re: [SQL] JDBC Statement.setQueryTimeout : is there plan to implement this?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

2011/12/15 Craig Ringer <ringerc@ringerc.id.au>

Perhaps more excitingly, a generic ThreadPoolExecutor can be safely used within an EE container the same way, potentially allowing the JDBC driver to use threads for blocking I/O. That'd finally permit a version of PgConnection.getNotifications() that can be safely invoked without blocking when SSL is in use!

A driver thread pool could also help permanently fix those occasional deadlocks that happen due to buffer management issues in the JDBC driver.

I'll try to find time to do some testing and see if I can make this work or at least bash out a proof of concept.

?
How about moving to NIO? Or may be I could try it myself. Can you give me a class name I need to dig into transport layer?

--
Best regards,
 Vitalii Tymchyshyn