Re: cutting down the TODO list thread

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: cutting down the TODO list thread
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 11:15 AM Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Oct 2020, 17:55 Oleksandr Shulgin <oleksandr.shulgin@zalando.de wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 8:25 PM John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> As I mentioned in [1], I've volunteered to clear out the TODO list of items that appear to be too difficult,
controversial,or otherwise not worth doing to warrant being listed there. I'll be working a few sections at a time, and
everyso often I'll have a list of proposed items for removal. If I don't hear objections, I'll remove the items after a
fewdays while going through the next set.

>> I'm totally on board with cleaning the list up, but how about marking as "won't fix" (or similar) instead of
actuallyremoving the items?  That should help to prevent the same exact items from appearing on the list again, which
theyeventually would, I believe.

> +1

A small technical detail on the topic but if doing that, let's not
mark them as that inline -- create a separate page with those items on
it.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/