Re: Index created with PGSQL11 on ubuntu 18.04 corrupt with PGSQL11 on ubuntu 20.04

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Index created with PGSQL11 on ubuntu 18.04 corrupt with PGSQL11 on ubuntu 20.04
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 11:20 AM unilynx <unilynx@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using postgresql 11 builds from http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/
> - I've got a database created under Ubuntu 18.04, and recently updated to
> Ubuntu 20.04. These are all docker builds

This is a known problem when upgrading Ubuntu (and most other Linux
distributions, but it depends on which version of course -- btu for
Ubuntu LTS the problem is triggered when going to 20.04). If you have
any indexes on text-type columns, they need to be reindexed.

See https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Locale_data_changes

Note that this is triggered by the Ubuntu upgrade, not by upgrading
PostgreSQL -- that's why it happend even when you keep using the same
PostgreSQL version.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/