Re: pg_upgrade v15 not generating analyze_new_cluster.sh

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: pg_upgrade v15 not generating analyze_new_cluster.sh
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jun 13, 2023 at 10:35 AM rihad <rihad@mail.ru> wrote:

> Hi, all. When pg_upgrading from PG 11 to 13, a file analyze_new_cluster.sh was generated in the current directory
whichran vacuumdb --all --analyze-in-stages

> When upgrading from 13 to 15.3 no such file was generated, which made me believe it was no longer necessary. Alas, it
wasn'tthe case. The database was extremely slow after the upgrade chewing up 100% cpu time, and it wasn't until I
manuallyran vacuumdb" --all --analyze-in-stages that cpu usage dropped. Was there a knob that I missed, or is this just
abug in pg_upgrade 15? Thanks.

If you look at the output of pg_upgrade, it still tells you to run
"vacuumdb --all --analyze-in-stages". Since that was the *only*
command that was in the script, the script is no longer generated and
you're expected to run the command directly instead. It does not
remove the need for the job, just instructs you to do it without the
script.

This change was made in PostgreSQL 14, not 15, and is listed in the
release notes there. When you upgrade "past" a version, it's
recommended you read the release notes for the intermediate versions
as well when looking for changes, as those will not be included in the
notes for the newer version.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

От: rihad
Сообщение: pg_upgrade v15 not generating analyze_new_cluster.sh
От: Lorusso Domenico
Сообщение: Re: Dynamic binding issue