Re: LDAP referrals

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: LDAP referrals
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 3:47 AM, James Sewell <james.sewell@lisasoft.com> wrote:
Hello All,

Is there a way to disable chasing LDAP referrals in PostgreSQL?

There is not, at this point. It would probably be fairly trivial to add a pg_hba parameter to turn it off (since it's, AFAIK, just a call to ldap_set_option), but it's not possible to do with current versions of PostgreSQL.

<snip>

You could try injecting a simple ldap_set_opttion() that turns off LDAP_OPT_REFERRALS in InitializeLdapConnection() in auth.c, to see if that works. If it solves the problem, it might be worth turning it into an actual option.

If I run psql like so:

 psql -U d248265 -h 127.0.0.1 dccn

then it hangs. From a packet capture I've determined that in this time it is trying to resolve the referral, which is broken and times out.

As you say, a quick fix would of course be to fix your server not to send broken referrals ;)

But I can see how it could perhaps still be useful to be able to block referrals. I think the reason it's not in there already is mainly that it doesn't make much sense for the actual login bind - but it does make more sense for the search step that happens before the bind.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/