Re: Autovaccuum vs temp tables crash

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Autovaccuum vs temp tables crash
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 4:18 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 02:48:58PM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> I think we need to either prevent dropping of temp namespaces *or* we need
> to create a new entry in pg_namespace in this particular case.

Perhaps I am missing something, but it would be just more simple to
now allow users to restrict that?

I can't parse what you are saying here. Now allow users to restrict what?

> I wonder if other "fun" things could happen if you go rename the namespace,
> haven't tried that yet...

In this case the OID remains the same, still there are some cases
where we rely on the namespace name, and one is CLUSTER.
objectaddress.c uses as well get_namespace_name_or_temp(), which would
be messed up, so it would be better to prevent a temp namespace to be
renamed.  Could ALTER SCHEMA OWNER TO also be a problem?

Or possibly altering permissions on it?

Сообщение: Re: Autovaccuum vs temp tables crash
Сообщение: Re: Autovaccuum vs temp tables crash