Re: pg_upgrade if 'postgres' database is dropped

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: pg_upgrade if 'postgres' database is dropped
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
StephenFrost wrote:<br /> > >> Yes, they would have removed it because they didn't want it.  As I<br /> >
>>recall, part of the agreement to create an extra database by default was<br /> > >> that it could be
removedif users didn't want it.  Turning around and<br /> > >> then saying "but things won't work if it's not
wouldhave to remove it _after_ you did the pg_upgrade.<br /> ><br /> > As far as the *target* cluster is
concerned,I have no sympathy for<br /> > someone who messes with its contents before running pg_upgrade.<br /> >
However,it would be nice if pg_upgrade supported transferring from a<br /> > *source* cluster that didn't have the
andthen removing it again after we're done?<p>How about naming this newly created database "postgres"? That would make
thecode simple enough - always use the postgres database, just drop it at the end if it didn't exist in the source
cluster.<p>/Magnus <br />

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Review: [PL/pgSQL] %TYPE and array declaration - second patch
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade if 'postgres' database is dropped