Re: GSSAPI, SSPI - include_realm default

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: GSSAPI, SSPI - include_realm default
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
wrote:<br/> > >> I suggest we also backpatch some documentation suggesting that people<br /> > >>
>manually change the include_realm parameter (perhaps also with a note<br /> > >> > saying that the
defaultwill change in 9.5).<br /> > > I'll work on a patch for back-branches if everyone is alright with this<br
/>> > patch against master.<br /> ><br /> > I don't think backpatching this is necessary or appropriate.<br
/>><br /> > First of all, this isn't even released, and it might very well change<br /> > again later.  The
Also,it's not like people keep re-reading the old documentation in<br /> > order to get updated advice.  It might
verywell be confusing if stable<br /> > documentation changes because of future events.  Users who are<br /> >
interestedin knowing about changes in future releases should read the<br /> > release notes of those future
anexpectation that a pg_hba.conf file can be used unchanged across<br /> > several major releases.  So when 9.5
comesout and people update their<br /> > pg_hba.conf files for 9.5, those files will still work in old releases.<br
/>>  But the time to do those updates is then, not now.<br /> ><p dir="ltr">I thought the idea was to backpatch
documentationsaying "it's a good idea to change this value to x because of y". Not actually referring to the upcoming
changedirectly. And I still think that part is a good idea, as it helps people avoid potential security pitfalls. <p
dir="ltr">Sonot really a backpatch as so, rather a separate patch for the back branches. (and people definitely reread
thedocs - since they deploy new systems on the existing versions...) <p dir="ltr">/Magnus <br />

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: GSSAPI, SSPI - include_realm default
От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: operator does not exist: character varying[] <> character[]