Re: TODO links broken?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: TODO links broken?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 12:21 AM, Stephen Scheck
> <singularsyntax@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Many of the links in the TODO wiki page result in a "page not found" error.
>> Is this page up-to-date?
>> Can anything be inferred about the status of these items from the broken
>> link?
>
> I think what we can infer is that the new archives code is broken.  I
> hope someone is planning to fix that.  If there's been some decision

Yes. We can infer that. It makes it a whole lot easier to fix
something with better bug repors than that, of course, as I'm sure you
(Robert in this case, not Stephen) are generally aware of.

I've reverted a patch that was applied a few days ago that dealt with
how URLs are parsed, and I think that's the one that's responsible.
But it would be good to have an actual example of what didn't work,
because the links i tried all worked...

> made that we don't have to support the historical URLs for our
> archives pages, I think that's a really bad plan; those links are in a
> lot more places than just the Todo.

No, the plan has always been to support those. There are no plans to
remove that.