Re: Add exclusive backup deprecation notes to documentation

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Add exclusive backup deprecation notes to documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 1:19 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 6:27 AM David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
> I used your suggestions with minor editing.  After some reflection, I
> agree that the inline warnings are likely to be more effective than
> something at the end, at least for those working on a new implementation.

I'm glad we could agree on something.  Committed.

+1, thanks.

Minor nitpick:
+     backup can only be taken on a primary and does not allow concurrent
+     backups.  Moreover, because it writes a backup_label file on the
+     master, it can cause the master to fail to restart automatically after

Let's be consistent in if we call it a primary or a master, at least within the same paragraph :)