Re: When to drop src/tools/msvc support

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: When to drop src/tools/msvc support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 12:27 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2023-04-10 19:55:35 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> > Projects other than the EDB installers use the MSVC build system - e.g.
> > pgAdmin uses it’s own builds of libpq and other tools (psql, pg_dump etc)
> > that are pretty heavily baked into a fully automated build system (even the
> > build servers and all their requirements are baked into Ansible).
> >
> > Changing that lot would be non-trivial, though certainly possible, and I
> > suspect we’re not the only ones doing that sort of thing.
>
> Do you have a link to the code for that, if it's open? Just to get an
> impression for how hard it'd be to switch over?

The pgadmin docs/readme refers to
https://github.com/pgadmin-org/pgadmin4/tree/master/pkg/win32

It clearly doesn't have the full automation stuff, but appears to have
the parts about building the postgres dependency.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

От: Peter Smith
Сообщение: Re: cfbot is listing committed patches?