Re: global / super barriers (for checksums)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: global / super barriers (for checksums)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 2:22 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
Hi,

On 2018-12-27 13:54:34 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Finally getting around to playing with this one and it unfortunately
> doesn't apply anymore (0003).
>
> I think it's just a matter of adding those two rows though, right? That is,
> it's not an actual conflict it's just something else added in the same
> place?

What do you mean with "rows" here? I see a bunch of trivial conflicts
due to changes in atomics initialization but nothing else?  And yes, I'd
not expect any meaningful conflicts.

Sorry, lack of caffeine. The conflict I saw was:

        /* Initialize lockGroupMembers list. */
        dlist_init(&procs[i].lockGroupMembers);
+
+       pg_atomic_init_u32(&procs[i].barrierFlags, 0);
+       pg_atomic_init_u64(&procs[i].barrierGen, PG_UINT64_MAX);
    }

So yes, I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same thing.