Re: SSL information view

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: SSL information view
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 9:56 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
On 11/19/14 7:36 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> +      <row>
> +       <entry>One row per connection (regular and replication), showing statistics about
> +        SSL used on this connection.
> +        See <xref linkend="pg-stat-ssl-view"> for details.
> +       </entry>
> +      </row>
> +

It doesn't really show "statistics".  It shows information or data.

Good point.

We should make contrib/sslinfo a wrapper around this view as much as
possible.

Agreed - but let's do that as a separate patch.

Is it useful to include rows for sessions not using SSL?

I think so, mainly because it makes things "more obvious" that you are querying it the right way. Sure you could do a LEFT JOIN from pg_stat_activity and a CASE to get the same results, but that makes it a lot less in-your-face.

Should we perpetuate the "ssl"-naming?  Is there a more general term?

tls? :)

We call it ssl everywhere else, I think being consistent is important.

Will this work for non-OpenSSL implementations?

Yes, it uses (and declares new) the new internal APIs that Heikki created.