Re: Updated version of pg_receivexlog

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Updated version of pg_receivexlog
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 10:12, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

>>> No. I looked at that file after shutting down the master server.
>>
>> Ugh, in that case something is certainly wrong. There is nothing but
>> setting up some offset values between PQgetCopyData() and write()...
>
> When end-of-copy stream is found or an error happens, pg_receivexlog
> exits without flushing outstanding WAL records. Which seems to cause
> the problem I reported.

Not sure I follow. When we arrive at PQgetCopyData() there should be
nothing buffered, and if the end of stream happens there it returns
-1, and we exit, no? So where is the data that's lost?

I do realize we don't actually fsync() and close() in this case - is
that what you are referring to? But the data should already have been
write()d, so it should still be there, no?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/