Re: [HACKERS] 64-bit queryId?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [HACKERS] 64-bit queryId?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 1:22 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 3:48 PM, Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> wrote:
> Well these kinds of monitoring systems tend to be used by operations
> people who are a lot more practical and a lot less worried about
> theoretical concerns like that.

+1, well said.

+1 as well. I think these people would be perfectly find by it changing across a version upgrade as long as they know that's the deal. *Most* of the time there is no version upgrade going on, so it would work fine that time.

Most operations people already deal with a lot of such parameters changing around. I'm sure most of them would be more than happy with an improvement, even if it's not mathematically perfect.