Re: Bad sorting on source

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Bad sorting on source
Дата
Список pgsql-www

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 3:32 PM, Vik Fearing <vik.fearing@dalibo.com> wrote:
On 02/18/2014 10:34 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 7:41 AM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:
On 02/18/2014 06:35 AM, Ian Lawrence Barwick wrote:

>> Stupid question from someone not terribly familiar with Python frameworks -
>> the installation instructions say "django *version 1.4*", is 1.4 a
>> specific requirement
>> or would later versions work? (I have 1.5.1 available right now).
>
> OK, it looks like 1.4 is needed, I get a "No module named simple" error
> with 1.5.1.

yeah - there is usually not a lot of testing done on newer/older
versions of python/django than what is in Debian Wheezy (or rather
Debian stable at a given time) because that is our deployment target for
production.
Needless to say that we will also take patches for making it work with
newer versions as well to save us some time on the next upgrade ;)

Absolutely. It's probably not a huge set of updates to work, but they do need to be done :) Of course, the next debian stable will have Django 1.6, so we're likely just going to bypass 1.5.

And of course, any such patches need to be backwards compatible.

Perhaps a patch like the one attached should be applied?

Hah, that is indeed a typo. Thanks, applied.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/