Re: connecting to localhost -> ::1 client_addr ?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: connecting to localhost -> ::1 client_addr ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, May 5, 2023 at 9:23 AM Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> this may be tribial, but I'm seeing connections from ::1 in
> pg_stat_activity, and I've never realiuzed that psql converts
> "localhost" in IPv6.
> Is there a way to "force" the hostname localhost to appear as IPv4 or
> am I missing something?
>
> I've tested it also with a Perl program, and specifying localhost is
> providing ::1 too. I suspect this is mainly due to the host name
> resolution, but I'm not sure.

This is something that's part of your resolver library on your machine.

You can for example edit /etc/hosts to remove ::1. Or you can edit
/etc/gai.conf and change the priority order to put ipv4 first, that
should work as well I believe. (Those are assuming you're on Linux).

Or of course, you can configure listen_addresses to only have ipv4 in
it -- but then ipv6 won't work for *any* connections, it won't just
change the priority.

//Magnus

Сообщение: Re: "PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662" - twice
Сообщение: Re: "PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662" - twice