Re: JSON for PG 9.2

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: JSON for PG 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 06:00, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 6:26 PM, David E. Wheeler <david@kineticode.com> wrote:
>> +1, though I think the core type will at least need some basic operators and indexing support.
>
> And I'm willing to do that, but I thought it best to submit a bare
> bones patch first, in the hopes of minimizing the number of
> objectionable things therein.  For example, if you want to be able to
> index a JSON column, you have to decide on some collation order that
> is consistent with JSON's notion of equality, and it's not obvious
> what is most logical.  Heck, equality itself isn't 100% obvious.  If
> there's adequate support for including JSON in core, and nobody
> objects to my implementation, then I'll throw some ideas for those
> things up against the wall and see what sticks.

+1 for getting the basics in first, and then adding more to it later.
There's still a fair amount of time to do that for 9.2, but not if we
get stuck bikeshedding again...

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

От: pratikchirania
Сообщение: Re: pgstat wait timeout
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: tracking temp files in pg_stat_database