Re: BUG #17502: View based on window functions returns wrong results when queried

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: BUG #17502: View based on window functions returns wrong results when queried
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On Sun, May 29, 2022 at 4:20 PM PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      17502
Logged by:          Daniel Farkaš
Email address:      daniel.farkas@datoris.com
PostgreSQL version: 10.10
Operating system:   Linux

Hey,

Please be gentle, I've never been in contact with Postgres developers.
In short, I've created a view, which has rather sketchy window functions,
but it gives me results I need.
When I do select * on it, it gives me what I expect. One of the columns has
five distinct values.
But when I do group by on that column, it gives me only one of the values.
When I drop the view and create materialized view, all is good, I get all
five values.

My guess is that some parts of the inner select are affecting outer, view's
select, which is not something I would expect.
My current Postgres is PostgreSQL 10.10 on x86_64-pc-linux-musl, compiled by
gcc (Alpine 8.3.0) 8.3.0, 64-bit.
If you think this is worth investigating further, I will try composing a
simpler example, and test it in a more recent Postgres version.
Maybe it's a known limitation I'm not aware of.

Let me know what you think.

Please see if you can reproduce this on a current version of PostgreSQL 10, which is 10.21. Version 10.10 is lacking more than two and a half years worth of bugfixes.

If you can then yes, try to put together a simpler example, because it certainly does not sound like correct behavior.

//Magnus