Re: 404 on message-ID with slashes

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: 404 on message-ID with slashes
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 3:08 PM Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 1:46 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

> > > Alvaro mentioned it yesterday, but that's the first I've heard of it
> > > (and AFAIK with the exact same message-id). A quick look showed it
> > > wasn't dead obvious what the problem was, but I haven't had time to
> > > dig into it anymore. Alvaro disappeared out of the discussion, so I'm
> > > not sure if he's had time to look anythign more beyond that either.
> >
> > From a quick skim, RFC 1036 a slash is an allowed (but discouraged) character
> > in a message-id and the obsoleting RFC (5322) support that.  I would expect
> > message-id generators to avoid using slashes though so I wouldn't be surprised
> > if it's quite rate.
> >

> About 0.08% of the messages in the archives have it.
>
> So yeah, while it's clearly not common, we should make it work.. (I
> have confirmed the message in question is *in* the archives, so it's
> something in the app serving them up)

And for those interested, there are a total of *25* messages across
all time (and almost a million and a half messages) that have the
double slashes that cause problems. 10 of those are from Michael,  14
are from 2008 or older, and one from 2016.

So it's safe to say that these days Michael are pretty alone in not
following the recommendation :)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: 404 on message-ID with slashes
Сообщение: Re: 404 on message-ID with slashes