Re: Broken attachement links in CF and mailing list

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Broken attachement links in CF and mailing list
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Sun, Apr 7, 2019 at 10:39 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
Hi,

When clicking on the "latest attachement" link in
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/20/1317/ I get to
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/attachment/57779/0001-Pipelining-batch-support-for-libpq-code-v16.patch
which says "Attachment not found".
when I navigate to the email I get
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/attachment/68625/0001-Pipelining-batch-support-for-libpq-code-v16.patch
which actually works.

That's not good? ;)

Ugh.

I think I know what happened here -- at some point the email was reparsed, for some reason (we did a fairly large repoarse not too long ago to fix broken header parsing, and it somehow parsed the attachment differently which would delete the old one and insert a new one.

But we don't actually update the attachment ids in the *cf* database -- ever, we assume them to be immutable.

The quick fix is to just detach the thread and then reattach it, but that's not very pretty.  Will have to figure out what's a reasonable way to get those updated if this happens :/