Re: Physical append-only tables

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Physical append-only tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 2:26 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 08:43:12PM +0000, Greg Stark wrote:
> That said, I don't think the "maintain clustering a bit better using
> BRIN" is a bad idea. It's just the bit about turning a table
> append-only to deal with update-once data that I think is overreach.

What if we used BRIN to find heap pages where the new row was in the
page BRIN min/max range, and the heap page had free space.  Only if that
fails do we put is somewhere else in the heap.

That would certainly be useful. You'd have to figure out what to do in the case of multiple conflicting BRIN indexes (which you shouldn't have in the first place, but that won't keep people from having them), but other than that it would be quite good I think.

Сообщение: Re: Push down more full joins in postgres_fdw
Сообщение: Re: Push down more full joins in postgres_fdw