Re: Lack of activity indicator over slow connections (pgadmin4)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Lack of activity indicator over slow connections (pgadmin4)
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 3:35 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Ashesh, Murtuza, Surinder,

Any thoughts on how we can achieve this easily, and where we're
lacking notifications? We did have activity notification in the
treeview, but that never worked overly well and now I come to think of
it, I don't recall seeing it recently. I'm thinking we need something:

- On treeview node click

- On dialogue open and OK

- On Wizard steps

- Possibly in the debugger, when stepping?

I would think all that we need is to set the mouse cursor to 'progress'.

Actually, the treeview spinner worked most of them time.  I'm not sure if it worked all the time - I didn't check that carefully - but it did work most of the mtime.

But basically whatever *else* I clicked was the problem. In particular clicking the tabs out right, with the "Properties" and "SQL" tabs being the ones I used and they were extremely slow over the high latency connection (I measured almost 4 minutes as the worst time to load a SQL pane for a table with 11 columns and a couple of indexes and triggers) with lack of feedback.