Re: could not migrate 8.0.13 database with large object data to 9.5.1

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: could not migrate 8.0.13 database with large object data to 9.5.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Mar 2, 2016 06:01, "John R Pierce" <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:

> (thread moved from pg_bugs)
> (upgrading a 8.0.13 database on Windows XP 32bit to 9.5.1 on Windows 8 64 bit.....)
>

> On 3/1/2016 8:05 PM, Premsun Choltanwanich wrote:
>>
>> Modified command by remove -Ft flag as per you suggestion:
>> pg_dump -v -h 192.168.200.75 -U clubadmin -d clubprogram | psql -U clubadmin -d clubprogram
>>
>> Result (got same message even with parameter -b or not):
>> pg_dump: reading rewrite rules
>> pg_dump: reading policies
>> pg_dump: reading large objects
>>
>> pg_dump: creating FUNCTION "public.plpgsql_call_handler()"
>> pg_dump: creating FUNCTION "public.plpgsql_validator(oid)"
>>
>> pg_dump: creating FUNCTION "public.pg_file_write(text, text, boolean)"
>

> those all sound like standard postgres functions, its not clear to me why pg_dump is generating the CREATE FUNCTION code for them.
>

>> pg_dump: [archiver] could not write to output file: Invalid argument
>>

> ok, presumably your new box has plenty of disk space?  try this on the new 9.5 system...

How large is the total database? The earliest versions of pg on Windows had bugs in pg_dump for files larger than 2GB. I don't recall exactly when they were fixed, but this was a long time ago.. Through if my memory is correct the actual bugs were in pg_dump itself, so using a new pg_dump against the old server should be safe.

/Magnus

Сообщение: Re: could not migrate 8.0.13 database with large object data to 9.5.1
Сообщение: Re: could not migrate 8.0.13 database with large object data to 9.5.1