Re: [HACKERS] BUG #13854: SSPI authentication failure: wrong realm name used

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [HACKERS] BUG #13854: SSPI authentication failure: wrong realm name used
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 9:46 PM, Christian Ullrich <chris@chrullrich.net> wrote:
* Christian Ullrich wrote:

* Christian Ullrich wrote:

* Christian Ullrich wrote:

> According to the release notes, the default for the "include_realm"
> option in SSPI authentication was changed from off to on in 9.5 for
 > > improved security. However, the authenticated user name, with the
 > > option enabled, includes the NetBIOS domain name, *not* the Kerberos
> realm name:

Below is a patch to correct this behavior. I suspect it has some
serious compatibility issues, so I would appreciate feedback.

Updated patch, sorry. The first one worked by accident only.

Another update. This time even the documentation builds.

One thing I'm fairly sure I need advice on is error handling and/or error codes. Right now I use ERROR_INVALID_ROLE_SPECIFICATION just about everywhere (because the surrounding SSPI code does as well), and that is probably not the best choice in some places.

I took a quick look at this one, and have some initial thoughts.

I don't like the name "real_realm" as a parameter name. I'm wondering if it might be better to reverse the meaning, and call it sspi_netbios_realm (and then change the default to on, to be backwards compatible).

How does the real_realm thing work if you connect with a local account? Hostname, or kerberos principal for the host?

Code uses a mix of malloc() and palloc() (through sprintf). Is there a reason for that?

Looking at the docs:

+         Note that <application>libpq</> uses the SAM-compatible name if no
+         explicit user name is specified. If you use
+         <application>libpq</> (e.g. through the ODBC driver), you should
+         leave this option disabled.

What's the actual usecase where it makes sense to change it? Seems that's the more reasonable thing to document, with a reference to active directory specifically (or is there also such a compatible name for local accounts?)