Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 8:58 AM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
I am not opposed in principle to adding new things to the counters
struct in pg_stat_statements. I just think that the fact that the
overhead of installing the module on a busy production system is
currently so low is of *major* value, and therefore any person that
proposes to expand that struct should be required to very conclusively
demonstrate that there is no appreciably increase in overhead. Having
a standard deviation column would be nice, but it's still not that
important. Maybe when we have portable atomic addition we can afford
to be much more inclusive of that kind of thing.

Not (at this point) commenting on the details, but a big +1 on the fact that the overhead is low is a *very* important property. If the overhead starts growing it will be uninstalled - and that will make things even harder to diagnose.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/