Re: postgresql-archive.org

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: postgresql-archive.org
Дата
Список pgsql-www

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 2:21 PM legrand legrand <legrand_legrand@hotmail.com> wrote:
Andres Freund wrote
> But it's still sending unreadable messages with broken quoting,
> and it's still making money using an official sounding name.
> Those are the big things imo.

I was not aware of your first point about "broken quoting",
maybe we could ask them to fix that as well
(send me exemples off-list I will transmit).

Regarding Ads, I'm not pleased too, We could try (again)
to ask them to change that ... but today they offer a very efficient
mobile solution for free ;o(

It is absolutely not free.

At the first, it uses ads that track the visitors, so by definition it's not free to those.

It also causes extra work for the pginfra team, due to at (ir)regular intervals sending broken emails that get stuck and causes alerts. And it causes extra work for some of our other teams, because people having problems with the service contact us trying to get help (everything from it doesn't work at all to they have lost their password  are the kind of issues that show up on our side, and have to be resolved.). Sure, they can just refer those to Nabble, but that also takes time, and while it's not a huge amount, every little bit adds up.

And then of course the issue that Andres is referring to, which depending on how bad it is (I'm also not sure exactly which one he means) affects hundreds or thousands of people reading them.

So it's definitely not neutral zero-cost to the community.

--

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: